Saturday, October 1, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 274/91, 2022 - Saturday

Once your lemons start to grow, give them time to mature. They can take around six months to mature. Don't harvest them until their skin changes from green to dark yellow. When your sweet Meyer lemons are ready, their skin will be a shade of yellow that is similar to the color of an egg yolk. That is easy for Mrs. google to say, but patience is not one of my virtues. I have been, and hope to continue to be, patient with these BIG lemons. I counted eleven on the bush (not really a tree) this afternoon, so that will really be a bounty. I cannot think of the last time I used any lemon, not even in tea, but I have that bush and doggone it I am gonna have some lemons. While I was watering plants yesterday morning, I half way decided to forego any potted plants next year. If we have another year like we did this year, there is just really no reason to make potted plants struggle to survive. Plus, it will cause me less things to stress over. I can just concentrate on the stuff that is in the ground. We did two estate sales today, I bought a few things, but Pam really hit the jackpot. She collects southwest stuff and kachinas. She is pretty focused on what she wants, while I, on the other hand, just collect stuff. This and that. BUT...it is all stuff I think adds to the spirit of the Curious House.

No comments:

Post a Comment