Monday, October 31, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 304/61 - Monday

Evan lives four doors down from me in Georgetown, and he was the first goblin to visit tonight. There have been two so far, and I might have overbought the candy. Last year, Halloween was celebrated on a weekend night, and it was really a lot of fun roaming around the neighborhood. This year, I think I will just sit here on the front patio and see how many kids come by. It is a great night for sitting outside, low 70s, and no bugs (so far). I got stuck in traffic this morning on the way in to Austin, and my usual 35 to 45 minute drive was an hour-and-a-half. That's life. And when the traffic started flowing again, I could see no apparent reason for the back up. No wreck, no construction, nothing. I left the house at 8:45...so maybe that is just part of it...ordinary commuters. Generally, I don't have to be anywhere at any specific times, but I had a couple morning appointments. I was late for the first one (I called ahead), and made the second one with five minutes to spare. As I was composing my journal post last night, I was pained by how boring that drivel was. I don't guess this one is too much better, but we can always hope that my life will become more interesting in the near term.

No comments:

Post a Comment