Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 277/88, 2022 - Tuesday

I was having breakfast this morning with the ROMEOs, and there was a man sitting at a table by himself. He was shaking his legs up and down, and he did not stop. He shook his legs while he was eating, he just did not stop until he stood up to [ay his bill. I am certain that, years ago, I used to do the same thing, but not as much as this man. As I thought about it, I thought that I have NEVER seen a woman do that. I think it is a nervous habit (see the following sentences), but I also think that it is a relatively new phenomenon. Maybe I'm crazy. Okay, correction, we all KNOW I am crazy, but it is my blog and I will write what I want to write. Some facts: It's probably just a nervous habit that may reduce stress or anxiety. Or the person presenting that activity may just be bored. At best, you will look nervous, at worst, people may think you are about to rob a bank. Once you have that habit, it is difficult to stop. It's like biting your nails, which I also did when I was but a wee lad.  But again, I have never seem women shake there legs because (I imagine) they are stressed, anxious or nervous. That was just about the most thinking I did all day. We were supposed to get a wifi upgrade in the office today, and mostly we just lost phone and internet service for about five hours. It was really pretty quiet, I don't believe there were any emergencies that were not addressed, and maybe tomorrow I will be able to take advantage of the higher speed. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment