Sunday, November 20, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 324/41, 2022 - Sunday

Well, the day started with a pretty chilly walk with Dick, Jay and Ginger (the dog). As usual, on out morning walks, we solve most of the world's problems, and today was no different. After the walk, I did a few chores around the house, and then I was off to be the trash man at the Austin Empty Bowl Project. I got there at about 9 o'clock, and I was surprised that there was not a line around the block waiting to get in. But, things progressed from there and there was a steady stream of people getting in line to buy bowls and have soup and bread, and to listen to the entertainment. I left about 11:30, since there was not a lot of trash to be collected. I stopped and got a few errands done on the way home, so I call the day a success. I even got a nap in, and right now, I am waiting for the football game to be over. so I can watch 60 Minutes and get depressed. The real highlight of the day was seeing my friend Kelly at the Project, and having the chance to do our annual selfie. I love her, and we are plotting and planning a surprise for next year. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment