Friday, November 3, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 307/58, 2023 - Friday

It was a beautiful day in central Texas, in so many ways. The day started off with a nice walk, there were five of us, and it was not bitterly cold, it was pleasantly crisp. It actually felt like fall, not summer and not winter. We don't get a lot of fall weather here, so it was really nice. I made it in to the office in time for my 10 o'clock appointment, and that all went really well. At a little bit after 11, we left to go downtown to the annual 'Cookin' for a Cause.' This is a fund raiser for No Hunger Inc., and the Central Texas Food Bank. Carrie and I have been supporting this great cause for three or four years, and it is a wonderful thing. This Non-Profit was started by Mace, the son of my friend Holly. I think (I am not sure) that Mace is a Sophomore in High School, and this has been his charitable endeavor for at least ten years. I think. He is an amazing young man, and he is tenacious in his work for this cause. Check him and NHI out on Google, and you can see the whole thing. After lunch, I went and got my hair cut, then made it to the Curious House, met up with Deb and Marge and Richard, and then turned around and went back in to Austin to pick up the silent auction item I won at the 'Cookin' silent auction. I could have left it and retrieved it on Monday, but there is plenty of stuff they will be working on until late in the night, without having to keep up with auction items. Tomorrow is estate sales (five of them), and hopefully just a lazy day. This photo is on Mace, Peter, Laura, me and Carrie. It seems I am always photoed (sp?) with my mouth open. Well, there was brisket!

No comments:

Post a Comment