Friday, November 17, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 320/44, 2023 - Friday

Okay, I'm home, and I think everyone is glad for that. Well, everyone being me and the girls. Everything today went pretty much according to plan, except for the Hilton employees that were striking outside the hotel, and they were blowing horns and banging on whatever they could find to bang on at about 5 o'clock this morning. That kept up for about an hour, then they quit. They started up again about 9 o'clock, which was when I was checking out of the hotel, and getting ready to head to the airport. Yesterday, the Starbuck's people at the hotel were picketing, so I guess there is a bit of unrest here and there. Okay, yeah, I know, there is a lot of unrest going on EVERYWHERE! We made it to the airport with plenty of spare time, and there were LOTS of our Texas peeps on the plane, all but ten passengers got off in Austin, some were transferring to other planes, and I know some of our colleagues were connecting to Lubbock. I got to Val and Paulina's house at about 6 o'clock, gathered up the girls, and headed home. Val and Paulina (and Oliver) are very generous to watch the girls when I go out of town, and I do not want to take advantage, but they insist it is no issue. All was found to be good at the Curious House, I gathered up mail, took a look at a few things that needed to be looked at, and I am about ready to call it a day. I have no idea what time I will wake up tomorrow, but I know it will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment