Friday, November 24, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 328/37, 2023 - Friday

So, another nice day in central Texas, much better than yesterday. We had a nice walk this morning, and the later in the day, I went to Costco. It was not crowded, no standing in line to check out, just a nice experience. Once I got home, I had some lunch, then went down for a series of naps. Val, Paulina and Oliver came and picked my up at about four o'clock, and we headed in to Georgetown for a nice dinner, and then the lighting of the Square. I thought we had made reservations early enough to find a decent parking spot (4:30), but there were lots of people there already staking out claims for the lighting.  Dinner was really nice at the City Post (the old Post Office building), and then we got to the Square at about 5:30. There were singers from Dallas (we have to import a choir?), and then right at 6 o'clock, they lit the Square. It was all fun, lots of people, but honestly, the people were part of the experience. Georgetown is still small enough that you can take advantage of stuff like that, and I think I will do it again next year. This was only the second year they have done it, and they did a good job. Me, Paulina, Oliver and Val.

No comments:

Post a Comment