Saturday, October 30, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Three...

Well, there is a good possibility that the Chihuahua's traumatized the girls yesterday; scared the yolks out of them perhaps. I have been expecting that they could not keep up the frantic pace of egg production, and today it was cut in half. BUT three eggs is still pretty good. Each of them laying an egg a day for the last six days was really extraordinary. We will see what tomorrow brings. AND, this is a photo of one of the eggs we had this morning, the great big egg we expected would have a double yolk, and it did. AND, the egg-loaf this morning was extra-delicious!

I went into Austin this morning to show some houses to a very nice pair of clients. As we got to know each other more, it is more and more fun showing property. It is always easier when you can actually see what they like, and how they are figuring out the home-buying process.

Before I left for the Austin, I was out in the fields with Miguel, showing him what I wanted him to be working on while I was gone. This crop duster had been buzzing around yesterday, and he was back at it this morning. Yesterday (and this morning as well) I thought he was spraying something on Pauline and Hubert's property, so before I left, I called Pauline to see what he was up to. Pauline reports he is actually broadcasting rye grass onto some of the property that belongs to one of the major beef producers in the area, and Pauline is not happy about it. They try to control the rye grass, but when it is broadcast like that, it gets into their fields and interferes with their corn, maze and wheat crops, and makes is all less valuable. So, that can be a problem. But it was interesting to watch the plane come in low and then climb and do it all over again.

When I got home, I checked on how Miguel was doing, and as usual he was doing a very good job. Jody and I went into Georgetown and stopped at Dairy Queen for a spoiler, and then we made a couple more stops before returning home. Miguel will be coming back tomorrow, and I am working to get everything ready for my departure on Thursday, so there should be no issues for Jody while I am gone. Tomorrow there will be more work done on the fences, and I need to clean out the chicken coop. The girls are not the cleanest of all species... In the meantime, today I got the troughs moved into the west pasture, and put a fresh bale of hay over there for the cattle. I will move the cattle (actually, there will be a miniature stampede, all I have to do is open the gate) to that pasture tomorrow morning, and give them some cattle cubes, and they will be happy with the greener grass and the water in the stock tank. Overall, they are pretty contented cattle.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOW FLYING PLANES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment