Friday, October 1, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Four...

I admit, I have been somewhat lax in the photo opportunity department recently. I even forgot to take my camera along with me when I went to lunch this afternoon with my friend Chris. I will try to do better, but for now, this is a photo of the old gasoline pump our neighbors Randy and Irene gave us when they were cleaning out one of their out buildings. FINA Ethyl Supreme for $0.62 a gallon. Not sure how long ago that was, but the pump was at the gas station (now extinct) in Schwertner. It is now living comfortably outside the big storage barn at the front of the property. Happily resting under the branches of a big tree.

It was nice to have time to spend (most of) the day in the office. I have been absent a lot this week, and it was good to get back in and spend some time. It is also very comforting to know that I can take time away, knowing that our assistants Tom and Karla pretty much have everything under control.

I did get out for lunch with Chris, and that was nice. Afterwards, I did a little bit more office work, and left the office about 3:30, heading to Round Rock to have my car serviced. 115,000 miles. I also got the car inspected, and they took care of the recall item; making some kind of an adjustment to the accelerator pedal. I still believe I could get my car to stop if the accelerator (or whatever it is that may or may not cause that issue) sticks. I hope I never have to try out my theory!

Tomorrow and Sunday are going to be busy days, as I need to get a lot of stuff done around the house in anticipation of heading to Seattle a week from Sunday.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INSPECTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment