Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Six...

Okay, so I am nothing if not predictable. I have been in Seattle for a few days (tonight will be the fourth night) and I an sick. Not hurling in the garbage can kind of sick, just more like the my-head-feels-like-it-is-a-balloon kind of sick. It is about 7:30 local time (evening) and I took two Tylenol PM's and some Mucinex. The hope is that will put me out in just a few more minutes, and I will sleep through the night and wake up feeling better in the morning. I can't really go to sleep quite yet, because I just ordered a piece of key-lime-pie and a Pepsi from room service. No Coke here, just Pepsi, so it will kind of be like roughing it. Here is an interesting thing; there are signs in the corridor pointing to the 'Ice & Vending', but when you follow directions, you get ice but no vending. In the lobby at the little store, a soda costs $3, and on the room service menu it is $3.25, but again, it is only Pepsi, no Coke. Whatever.

I did not get out of the building today, but this (above) is a photo of the view outside my room. Very urban, and it is interesting to look at.

I was in class again today from 8 until 3, and then there was the business meeting, and then there was a guest 'motivational' speaker, and then the trade show opened. Our motivational speaker was Wally Amos, FKA Famous Amos. He is not too keen on the Famous Amos brand, but he is a kind-of interesting guy. Here is a photo of him after his talk, selling his book.

Not sure what is happening tomorrow, I just need to make it through the evening.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COOKIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment