Friday, October 29, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Two...

Okay, are you sitting down as you read this? I had my car washed today, AND the inside cleaned as well. The guy at the car wash (the new Mr. Clean car wash in Round Rock) asked me if I thought there were any surviving bugs within a 15 mile radius of the house. There were a few bugs on the front end of the car (many of which are still there because they could not get them off) but I live in the country FCS! And there are still plenty of bugs around here, believe me. There are skunks out here too. On the way to work on Wednesday, there was a suicide skunk on the road not far from the Basset Hounds house, and it was determined that I was going to run over it. I, on the other hand, was determined that I was not going to give the skunk any reason at all to 'raise-a-stink' if you know what I mean. It took some doing, but we both got away with no damage. Oh, this car wash also has these little Star Wars kind of water guns along the way, and kids car shoot water at the cars as they are going by in the wash. It is like those water slides; I really want to do it, but I am a grown-up (allegedly) so I just look longingly and suppress my inner child. I think I need to just go for it the next time! I WILL!

After that, it was smooth sailing on the rest of the drive home. I am on CD 11 of 36 of my latest book, and it is pretty good. Not as great (so far) at his earlier one, but still a good listen. AND since my windows were so clean, it gave me an opportunity to fully appreciate the incredibly blue sky that was all around us today. Temperatures in the low 70's, low humidity and no clouds. The only thing that would be better would be if the allergens would relocate to somewhere else, I am thinking Houston...or Iraq. Just somewhere else, not here.

I got home, and I noticed that the door was open to the barn out front. Jody reported there had been just a little bit of trauma...the neighbors brought their dogs out with them (two Chihuahua looking dogs) and gave the chickens some hell. The chickens do not like being chased (they have enough trouble finding bugs and steering clear of other predators like Hawks), so there was a little bit of craziness. AND, all the chasing got two of the bee hives aggravated, and so no one was happy. I can now report that all is back to normal, thank you very much. AND, we got six more eggs today. That makes six days in a row we have gotten six eggs. Incredible.

Showing property tomorrow, need to pick up my clients at 10 in the morning.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHIHUAHUA DOGS (the little devils), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment