Monday, October 4, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Seven...

Just another day in paradise. The weather has turned off cooler than expected, and the low temperature at the Austin Airport this morning was a record low. Very nice. We have had the air conditioner off and the windows open the last six out of seven days. Very nice. The cattle are happier, and enjoying the sunshine instead of the blazing heat. The plants in the yard are enjoying the second spring, and many of them are putting up new blossoms. We are planning the plot for our spring garden and already looking forward to the new year. Hope is in the cooler weather!

A very nice meeting this morning at the Board of REALTORS, where we were rehearsing for visits to City Hall tomorrow and Thursday. Preparation is a good thing, and we have a Board full of capable and talented colleagues. We expect about thirty or forty colleagues to join us at City Hall tomorrow, and this will be good practice for the Capitol visits in the spring, and then the Hill visits later next year.

I got new tires for the car today, and that is something I am really happy about. There was NO TREAD on those tires, and they had 40K miles on them. I bought them in September of 2009. The new tires are warranted for 85K miles, so I hope they will last that long! That would mean the car will have 200K miles on it before I need new tires. We shall see...

I fear I have a water leak on the property, and I have isolated it to an area of about two acres. That may not sound that great, but that is a lot better than believing the leak is somewhere in a 15 acre patch of land. Still no signs of wet or soft ground, and I think we are losing about 100 to 150 gallons of water a day to this leak. It has me baffled, but I will keep looking.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COOL TEMPS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment