Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 - DayTwo Hundred Seventy Six...

Another very nice day in Central Texas. It was actually a bit chilly when I got up this morning, but we will take mornings and days like this one all the time. Beautiful!

I headed into the office about 8:30 this morning, I was showing some property to some prospective Buyer clients and I had a 10 o'clock appointment with them. Before I left, I took this photo of a morning glory; they are really truly glorious this time of year! This photo reminds me of something Georgia O'Keefe would have done. I made it in to the office about 9:20, checked the mail, touched the things on my desk, and headed to my appointment about 9:40. When I got to the property, my clients were waiting; I love that. I really am almost always early for appointments, and if my clients are early too, well, that is just frosting on the cake. A good first showing, and the buying process for these folks is just in the beginning stages. Everything went wonderfully, and they are nice folks.

I made it back home just before noon, and shortly afterwards Jody and I headed off to the Schwertner Barbecue. Very good food, barbecued pork and beef, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans sweet tea, followed by a yummy dessert of something (I forget exactly) called a pumpkin crisp. Very much fun, and we saw several folks we knew. A good dinner was being had by all.

When we got home, Jody went down for a nap, and I went out to putz around the place. I found there was a short in the electric fence, so I found where it was shorting out and fixed that. Then I took the weed eater and trimmed the high grass from around the feed barn. I have been suspicious of a water leak for the last several days; just a slow leak, but it is aggravating that I cannot find it. It has to be underground somewhere. I have walked around everywhere I know that has a buried water line, and I cannot find any damp or wet places. I will keep looking.

We sat on the porch for a while, and the adventurous chickens came up to socialize with us. One of them jumped up in my lap, and one jumped up in Jody's lap. Let it be known they are not particularly shy! BUT, we only got one egg again today, so someone is holding out on us!

Jody and I decided we would have a spoiler for dinner tonight, so we just got back home from the Dairy Queen in Georgetown.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PET CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment