Monday, October 11, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Four...

Got just a LITTLE BIT of rest last night, I worked all night long (in my sleep), you know how that is. ANYWAY, had a good class today from 8 til 3, and then Carrie and I walked Pike to the Public Market, and acted totally like tourists. More about that a few paragraphs from now...

THIS JUST IN FROM THE CHICKEN COOP - I totally forgot to mention last post that Jody collected FIVE eggs from the girls yesterday, and three today. Those girls are really cranking them out. AND all five of the eggs were in the same nest (I think). Anyway, life is good back in Bartlett right now, and I can't wait to get back home...even though I just got here yesterday. I like being home.

Okay, more about today...there were 18 or 20 people in the class today, and the second part of the class will be on Wednesday. A nice, varied group of folks from all across the United States, from Hawaii to the east coast. A group of folks that we will know and network with for many years to come.

After the class (revert to the first paragraph) Carrie and I went and played tourist, and walked around the Pike Public Market area. I have to admit, I do not make that good of a tourist, but I was glad to go. Who says all the weird folks are alive and well in Austin. Here is photographic proof that there are plenty of interesting people in the Queen City! And, bu the way, this guys name is Thomas, just in case you were wondering, and I did not have to tip him for the privilege of taking the photo. I really think he is missing an opportunity, and he might want to take another look at his business model. We went to the ORIGINAL Starbucks (where I do not believe their major revenue comes from beverages), and Carrie bought a couple mugs and some 'special blend only from this store' coffee.

We checked out a couple restaurants, and settled on the Pike Place Bar & Grill, just across the street from the Public Market. I had the Smoked Salmon in Macaroni & Cheese, and it was delicious. I am really not that adventurous with my culinary escapades (and you can tell I am really not that discriminating, either), but it was very good and I am glad I tried it. They had a chicken pot pie on the menu that seemed to be calling to me, but I went the adventurous route. Kind of like Maude, always go for the new adventure.

Carrie and I split up and she went to sit in the park and wait for the sun to go down, and I trekked back to the Hotel. I am going to call it a night early tonight, and try to get on the west coast schedule. Just about time I get used to the time difference, I will be back in Austin and just about the time I get used to that, it will be time to FALL BACK! This is a photo of the Public Market from our table in the restaurant, which was on the second floor of the 'Common Market' Building.

Tomorrow, we will be taking a Leadership Class, and tomorrow night we will attend a dinner cruise on the Spirit of Seattle.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SALMON & MAC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment