Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Ninety Nine...

My assumption is that most of you who read this journal do so via FaceBook, and not directly from the web-site (http://www.365daysofbill.com), but even so, I thought the sunset last night was pretty nice (not an award winner or anything, but good), so I wanted to include it here again. Last night was windy and there was a smattering of clouds, and today there is not a cloud in the sky, and not a bit of breeze. BUT, yesterday was a negative energy day for us; the turbines returned more energy to the grid that we consumed. That has not happened for a while, but it will be much more common in the fall, winter and spring. The dog days of summer, when we use the most energy, is the time in central Texas when we have the calmest of winds. RATZ!

OMG! We are up to our EGGS in EGGS! Another half dozen eggs today, they cannot keep up this pace! AND, that kind of blows what I read about hens with no rooster; that one of the hens will become a dominate hen and keep the others secure, but will not lay. UNLESS there are a couple hens that are laying two eggs a day, which I believe is very doubtful. Right now, we are averaging 22 eggs a week, and that is a lot of eggs, I don't care who you are.

Today was a really good day. A very rewarding, informative and educational Board of Directors meeting. One thing I have learned in all my years, every day is a lesson, and education can take many forms. I truly enjoy the experiences I am having as a Director.

After the meeting, I got to the office in time for our Strategic Planning meeting, and after that the crew headed to Caritas (http://www.caritasofaustin.org) to paint bowls for the Empty Bowl Project (http://www.austinfoodbank.org/aebp/home.html). There are certainly a lot of web addresses in this blog, but all are very worth your time to visit! ANYWAY, everyone went to paint bowls, and I went to take all our schwag to the Convention Center (find the web-site yourself) for Realty Round Up, which is tomorrow. Realty Round Up is the largest real estate trade show in central Texas, and it is always a lot of fun.

SO, today was busy, tomorrow will be busy, and then it will be Thursday!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSY-BUSY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment