Thursday, October 7, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Eighty...

Another sign that the seasons are kind of katty-wampuss right now. Jody and I were sitting out in the yard watching the dog chew his feet (he has this unexplainable OCD) and Jody told me to look down the row of Iris, and this beautiful Iris was just glorious. I mentioned a couple days ago that none of the Iris had gone into a second bloom, but if there is one here, there are certain to be others. I need to take a walk around to see what I can find.

We did get our third cutting of hay baled up, 22 (and a piece) bales, so that makes about 93 bales for the year, on about 25 acres of land. The other 19 acres contain the house and the pastures that the cattle graze on. So that is almost 4 bales per acre per year, and at about 1,200 pounds per bale...well, that is a lot of grass! Very happy about that. AND, I have decided not to sell the hay, I would rather have it in reserve than have to go looking for it later. Better safe than sorry.

Three more eggs today. We are actually going to give away a dozen before I leave for Seattle on Sunday. Those little chickens are just a busy as they can be. They were waiting for me when I got home this afternoon, and followed me into the garage. CUTE!

I had another meeting with Council members at City Hall this morning, and that will be it for the foreseeable future. Very rewarding visits, and good work by many of my colleagues at the Board of REALTORS.

We had an office meeting when I returned to the office. And our office meetings consist of pizza and then going to a movie. We went to see 'Social Network', which was a pretty good movie, but there was a lot of arguing in the film, and I am not all that much into movies with arguing. DO NOT ASK me to watch 'Mommy Dearest'. Not gonna do it.

I stopped at Chipotle's and brought dinner home this evening. Gonna sleep well tonight!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PIZZA AND A MOVIE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment