Friday, October 22, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Ninety Five...

This is a photo I took last night when I was going out to put the chickens to bed. Not the most spectacular sunset I have ever documented, but certainly better than anything we will see tonight. It is very cloudy and WINDY (that is a good thing) here right now, and there is the possibility of a little bit of rain over the weekend. BUT, the turbines are spinning like crazy right now, and we have returned a good amount of electricity back to the grid today, so there can be no complaining about that.

Today was a very quiet day in the office. Our Administrative Goddess (aka Karla) took her son to the doctor this morning, and he was diagnosed with croup, so she could not come in today. I am sickly, Tom is sickly, Toni was complaining about the mold and ragweed ratings; other than that, every one else is A-Okay!

Hi Anna!

Tom and I went to the storage space this afternoon, and brought back pieces of furniture that we had in storage. We believe that we have leased the office space on the first floor, and the prospective tenants were only interested in a few pieces, so we are working to get the rest of it sold, and out of there. Pretty much we will be finished with the maple office furniture we started off with years-and-years ago. Sniff...

Finished my most recent book, 'Swan Peak' by James Burke; it took a little while to get interested in it, but I enjoyed it. The author is very dramatic, and it almost seems at times he is trying WAY TOO HARD to be dramatic and intense. It really kind of reminded me of an old fashioned who-dunnit kind of mystery. Anyway, not sure if I will select any more titles from that author or not. Tomorrow I will begin the sequel to 'The Pillars of the Earth'; 'World Without End, by Ken Follett. Thirty-Six CD's and over 43 hours of listening. But if it is as good as the last one, it will be worth it. We shall see...

Tomorrow Jody and I are off on an adventure, and I will let you know how that all works out. I hope it will be a lot of fun, and kind of exciting, too. I am really looking forward to it, and have been for about a month now. VERY MYSTERIOUS! For now, enjoy this photo of the clouds that are rolling into the area. I still think clouds are one of the most beautiful things we all take for granted.

Enjoy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW READS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment