Saturday, October 16, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Eighty Nine...

Today was the best day EVER...for a variety of reasons.

Got up this morning and did my chores, and made an egg-loaf. Yummy! I have read articles that denounce the long held belief that locally raised chickens (that would be the ones in our yard) produce eggs that are more pleasing to the palate than industrial style factory produced eggs. In blind taste-tests, it is proven that you cannot tell the difference between fresh eggs and plain old ordinary store bought eggs. Well, whatever. I think they taste better, and everyone else I know thinks they taste better, so I am going with the majority on this one. We had our fabulous egg loaf this morning, and one of the eggs even had a double-yolk. When's the last time you got one of those in your processed egg packet? HUH? Anyway, we got five more eggs today, and that makes five dozen eggs in three weeks. EGG CRAZY!

After breakfast, we putzed around for a little while, and then we drove up to Salado (we did not need to go to Salado, but 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me' was on the radio, and we wanted to hear it). Anyway, by timing things right, we made it to Jarrell (one of our real destinations) and to the hardware store there, and bought a tarp to cover the firewood, got a key made, and a couple other things, before heading out to Georgetown to stop at the Dairy Queen for spoilers.

Well, I missed the exit, and stopped first to get gas, then we went to Walgreen's, and FINALLY made it to the Dairy Queen. After the Dairy Queen, we came home via Weir, where they were having their Weir Fest days. Okay, it was not so much of a fest as it was a really small flea market. BUT, it did present me with the opportunity to take this picture of Santa Grinch, AND it gave Jody an opportunity to buy a jar of Apple Butter. SO, it was well worth it.

We got home and Jody went down for a nap, and I got comfortable in my big blue chair and fast-forwarded through a couple Net-Flix movies. Then I got up and let the chickens out of their pen, and cut some grass around the front of the property. Here is the really good part; I FOUND THE WATER LEAK! It is not completely fixed yet, but at least we know where it was/is leaking and the leak has been reduced by about (I hope) 95%. One of the faucet nozzles out in the front of the property will not shut-off totally, and that nozzle has a hose on it, and just turning the nozzle to shut it off, you would think there was no leak. ANYWAY, if that makes no sense to you, give me a call and i will 'splain it to you.

Then I had a 4 o'clock appointment to show a little house I have listed in Schwertner, and then came home and that was pretty much it for the day.

A great day was had by all.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LEAKS LOCATED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment