Saturday, October 2, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Five...

Today has been a day of (mostly) chores. I slept in late (7 o'clock with some chemical help) and got up and did my morning things. By about 8:30 I was out putting a fresh bale of hay in the east pasture, getting ready to move the cattle over there. With the cattle in the other pasture, putting out hay is much easier. Once that was done, I moved the cattle (okay they actually moved themselves) with the exception of Violet and her calf Fawney, who were in need of a little coaxing. Then I repaired four or five spots in the fence, and called it done.

I topped off the Mule and three lawn mowers in anticipation of going into Taylor. I needed to get the truck inspected, get some cattle cubes from the feed store, and gas in the cans, as well as some diesel for the tractor. Jody and I headed off into Taylor and listened to 'Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me' as we drove. I pretty much worked it all so we could hear the most of the program. When we got the the inspection place, they told us there was a two-and-a-half hour wait. I don't know about you, but there is very little I will wait that long for. SO, we decided we would go into Georgetown (thereby having plenty of time to finish listening to the program) get the truck inspected and have a spoiler at Dairy Queen. Everything worked out perfectly! There was only one car in front of us for inspection, and the spoilers were especially good! Jody had a pumpkin pie Blizzard, and I had the usual Root Beer Freeze. Fabulous!

On the way home, Jody decided he needed a nap, and I decided to 'cowboy-up' and cut the grass. I had intended to do it last week, but with the cattle stampede and whatever, it did not get done. BUT, I am happy to report that the front yard and a lot of the back has been cut. It took about four hours (part of which was spent hooking the shredder up to the tractor), but it is done now, and if we are lucky, we will only need to do it a couple more times this year.

There is chicken poop in the garage! I just thought you needed to know that. Four of the chickens are pretty darn adventurous, and two of them are quite content to stay around their coop. After everything else, I went out and gave the chickens fresh water, and the two 'homey-chickens' got the advantage of fresh chicken feed all to themselves...no hassle from the four adventurers. So far today, we have only collected one egg, but there is still plenty of time. Who knows.

Tomorrow we will be going to the 34th Annual Schwertner Community Center barbecue, as advertised in the Bartlett Tribune Progress (Serving Central Texas Since 1886). We went last year, and one of our neighbors (Irene and Randy) bought us our dinners (thanks). It was REALLY RAINING last year, so we got our food to go, but it should be beautiful weather tomorrow, so I expect we will eat there. Barbecue beef, pork, potato salad, cole slaw, beans, sweet tea and dessert. I am ready!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CUT GRASS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment