Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Seventy Eight...

THIS JUST IN FROM KKOOP RADIO - BULLETIN - Egg production has increased by 300% over the same time period yesterday. I went out to feed the chickens this afternoon when I got home, and there were three eggs in the nesting boxes. A new worlds record for egg production at JB Acres. I am acting totally stupid, I am aware, but I am excited that our little (okay, maybe not so little) girls are producing like they are. Why, I can remember it just like it was yesterday...they were just little balls of yellow fluff, and now they are all grown up and laying eggs. Whatever...

Today I was at the Austin City Hall with about fifty (or so) of my colleagues, meeting with our local elected officials, letting them know what concerns we have, what they have done that we are supportive of, and offering our help for future cooperative efforts. It was a very satisfying and rewarding experience, and I think both sides of the table learned a lot and are ready for more interaction. It does not all have to be about differences; it is important that we all learn what we have in common, and how we can work towards a common alternative to the problems and opportunities we are all facing. Very good work was accomplished at these meetings.

AND, there is a display of AIDS Quilts at the City Hall, too, and I took this photo of one of the panels that is hanging in the lobby. It is a vivid reminder of a time when AIDS was not the 'chronic disease' it has become through advances in medical care and pharmaceuticals. Sobering.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EGG PRODUCTION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment