Saturday, October 23, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Ninety Six...

Yummm - Weekend! Stayed in bed until almost 6 o'clock. Got up, did normal stuff, which included an egg loaf for breakfast, and watching more clouds roll in from the south. The arbor covered with morning glories is really outdoing itself, since the weather has cooled off a bit, and they are not being totally fried in the summer heat. Very happy with the way they have filled out.

Just before 9 o'clock, we headed out to San Antonio with a quick stop at my listing in Schwertner. I needed to put a combo-lock box on the property, so local agents would have access. We got to our destination in San Antonio at about 11 o'clock, and I went to register for a test drive of the 2011 Chevrolet Volt. I had signed up for a test drive a couple weeks ago when I was in Seattle, but I got there too late, and had to forfeit. I was really surprised that there were not hundreds of people in line to test drive these cars, but there were not. They had four cars available, and I drove a white one, while Jody was my passenger. Got lots of my questions answered about the car, and it did take some of the mystique out of the concept. I ordered one of the cars about six weeks ago, after having been on the waiting list for over two years. Very nice. I will share more photos in the next few days. I am pretty darned excited about this car; delivery will be in December.

After the test drive, we were given tickets for tacos, drinks and dessert, which we took full advantage of. We got back to Austin and then to Georgetown with no trouble or traffic issues. No issues either way, even though UT was playing Iowa at home. I think UT was playing, and Iowa was being serious, but that is a whole other blog entry.

ANYWAY, we stopped at Georgetown Fireplace & Patio on the way home, and bought a small hearth rug. We are going to fire-up the wood stove tomorrow; the inaugural run before it gets cold and we actually need it. We need to do a test run to make sure everything is working, and to get all the 'newness' burned off of it. It may be a little bit smelly the first couple times, so we want to do that while we can keep the windows open to get some fresh air in the house. No Dairy Queen today, we were too full of free food in San Antonio.

When we got home, I went out and let the chickens loose and collected five more eggs. That makes 27 eggs so far this week, and we still have one day to go. On the way out to the chickens, I saw this praying mantis outside the front door, and thought I would share this picture. Several hours later and he is still there. He has moved about an inch, but he is still basically head-down.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHEVROLET VOLT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment