Monday, September 7, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 251/115, 2020 - Monday - Labor Day during Covid

I found this wheat penny several days ago when I was digging for 3 cents at the MacDonald's drive thru. I am surprised I remembered where I put it, it is a 1957, almost as old as me, and in a whole lot better shape than I am. I lazed around for a good bit of the morning, and then I had the idea of just getting in the car and going exploring. Jody and I would occasionally do that, just driving aimlessly with no particular place to go. That would make a pretty good song. SO...I decided to hear north up 95 to Belton, then take a left and go to Harker Heights, and then take another left and go to Florence, and then take another left and head home. I was expecting to make two or three stops on less-travelled roads, but alas it was not to be. The GPS in my car does not do less travelled roads, so after I got to Belton it was mainly Interstate (who knew there was an I-14?), until I got past Harker Heights and Fort Hood, and then it was a smaller road, but nothing to stop and look at. I had my heart set on stopping at a couple junk shops or something like that, but nope, it did not happen. I think I may need to go and get a couple state and/or county maps to find my way around on smaller roads. Jody was always the co-pilot, he loved maps. The rain lilies (or blood lilies if you prefer) are really springing up everywhere, and they are really pretty. Hopefully there will be a little bit more rain tomorrow, there was none overnight, and I am going to go and do a LITTLE BIT of watering in a few minutes, before I settle in to watch Antiques Road Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment