Sunday, September 13, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 257/109, 2020 - Sunday

The registration for the farm truck is due next month, and you have to have the vehicle inspected within 90 of renewing the registration, so I decided that TODAY was the day I was going to get the truck inspected. AND, it took me ALL DAY to get it done. The truck has not been started (therefore it has not been moved) in several months, so the first task was to get it started. That did not take long because of my handy-dandy jump starter/cell phone charging device that I got a year ago from Costco. It is surprising how many times I have used that thing, but it is worth every penny (and it cost several pennies) that I paid for it. Okay, I got the truck started and I headed in to Georgetown to get the inspection done. Three different places (it is now about 11:30 AM) and a couple phone calls, and nobody can do the inspection today. They blame it all on the Covids, that it has backed up the license renewals for the people that do the inspections, so they have no one to do it on Sunday. I finally found a place that said I could make an appointment to have the truck inspected at 5 o'clock this afternoon, so I took it. I always worry that the truck won't pass inspection, even though it is thirteen years old and has less than 40K miles on it. SO...I passed by a 'brushless car wash' place, and decided I would get the truck washed. I have had the truck for 12 years, and I have NEVER had it washed. The car wash place was like one of the old quarter-car washes, except it is now $13. BUT, the truck has not looked this good since I drove it off the used truck lot 12 years ago. When I got home, I even vacuumed it out too! Fabulous. I headed back in to Georgetown, stopped at the auto parts place and got some Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer (my friend Humberto in McAllen swears by it), and then I got to the inspection place, and it was easy-schmeezy! All done, registration done on-line, and that is it for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment