Sunday, September 27, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 271/95, 2020 - Sunday

It was kind of a busy day, lots of this-and-that stuff done. I got up this morning and had some coffee and read the (e-edition) paper. I went out in the backyard with the girls and gave myself a pedi. Lounged around doing nothing of any consequence, and I headed off to Costco at about eleven o'clock. On the way home, I stopped at the HEB and did a little bit of grocery shopping, then to Tractor Supply for chicken feed. The girls are supplied with plenty of dog food, the chickens have a fresh supply of food, and I have a fresh supply of food. Overnight, we are supposed to have some gusty winds, and a cold front is due by early tomorrow morning. The overnight low one day this week is forecast to be in the FORTIES, and then back up a little bit; highs in the 80s and lows in the 60s. Bring it on! The only thing that could make it better would be if we could get some more rains. I expect a second cutting of hay this week, too, which will be good. I don't have enough cattle anymore that I need the hay, but I can sell what I don't use. The neighbor that got the pears last week brought me a jar of canned pears...not jelly, not preserves, just canned pears. They are really delicious, but the canning process did not make them any softer...they are still hard as rocks. But delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment