Saturday, September 26, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 270/96, 2020 - Saturday

Since I really did not have anything that really needed to be done today, I made a list of towns that I want to go to in the next couple months, just something to do on the weekends. I asked Mrs. Google about half-day trips in central Texas and came up with the list. I have been to almost every single city on the list, but it was more like 'just passing through' or maybe a stop at the Court Square or something like that. Today, I went to Brenham, home town of Blue Bell. I asked Mrs. Google if the tasting room and store would be open, and she was non-committal. Turns out they were not open, but it was a nice ride and I actually could have stopped at a number of flea markets and antique stores, but I am trying to refrain right now. I am still in a mode of getting rid of stuff, more than I am of collecting more stuff. I expect that will pass soon. I did get to see some parts of Brenham that I had not seen before, it is a lovely town, very nice downtown area and nice residential areas. Quiet, peaceful, tasteful. Many of the things that I am not. Tomorrow I will go back in to Taylor and do some shopping at Tractor Supply. I also need to get a new Carbon Monoxide detector, the one we have had for at least 15 years finally gave up the ghost yesterday. Time for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment