Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 266/100, 2020 - Tuesday

 

There is not much I can say of a negative nature about the 7.65" of rain that has fallen on the Edge of Nowhere so far this month. I has most likely NOT helped the trauma that the bigger trees have suffered in the drought and extreme heat we lived through earlier this year, but I certainly has not hurt. The flora that surrounds the house as well as the grasses and pastures are lovely and green. I have not surveyed as to whether the tanks have risen any, but I have my doubts about that. From what I can see of the neighbors tank, it may have come up a little bit, but we are not complaining. Again, I would really be happy to complain about rain, but I doubt that will happen this year. I made it into the office about 9:30 this morning, and everything was good. I had a couple meetings, and got some other things done, and headed for the house at about 12:30. I stopped at the grocery on the way home, and spent $70 or $80 on groceries, and I have really nothing to show for it. Some pre-made meals, a box of wine, some HUGE green grapes, a half gallon of skim milk, and two donuts. I am trying my best to cut back on crap, but the donuts called out to me, and I could not help myself. On Saturday, I noticed a rock has chipped the windshield, and so I was trying to make an appointment with Safelite to see if they can fill it instead of replacing the windshield. The first try was not successful. At one point, the person trying to make the appointment said that a 'live' agent would be joining the call, and I let asked her if she were 'dead.' It was important for me to know, because, even though I speak to dead people A LOT, I have never had an 'in-person' discussion with a 'dead' person. It was not appreciated on the Safelite side, and that attempt to make an appointment soon ended unsatisfactorily. I got home, tried again, and I have an appointment for next Monday. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment