Monday, September 28, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 272/94, 2020 - Monday

The news says that traffic in Austin is back to 80% of pre-Covid volumes. I have been enjoying the commutes that I make, and have not had too many problems. This afternoon was a little bit different than recent experiences; there was a wreck on the southbound side of IH-35 (thankfully I was on the northbound side), and traffic was literally backed up for miles. Tens of miles! Southbound traffic was rerouted to the service road, and it was just pure, total chaos for the southbound folks. I have a couple nice pictures of sunrises and clouds, but I thought I would regale you with a picture of the wreck. I don't really think you can grasp the extent of it, because the debris was scattered over about 3/4 of a mile...lots of mess. I did not see anything on the news about it, but I have to admit, I really did not pay that much attention to it, either! Otherwise, it was not a very bad day. I had an appointment to got a rock chip fixed on my windshield, and they said they can't fix it, I need a new windshield. That will be two new windshields in about three years (in December) for this car. I honestly do believe this car is a rock magnet going down the expressways.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment