Friday, September 18, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 262/104, 2020 - Friday

 I am very happy it is Friday. No particular reason, but I am happy about that. I closed on the re-finance of the house today, shaved eight years off the mortgage term, and my new interest rate if 2.25%. I am pretty happy with that. If you need a referral for a pretty good mortgage guy in Austin, just let me know. After the 10 o'clock closing (it took about 20 minutes, I did not need all the explanations), I made it in to the office in time for my11:30 zoom and my 1 o'clock call and my 1:30 call. Then a couple of us headed to an estate sale (we like estate sales on Friday and we haven't been in a couple months), and it was really the most disappointing estate sale we have been to in a long time. I am hunting for cuckoo clocks and old wall clocks that chime (they don't have to keep time, just run and make noise), and there was a cuckoo clock in the list of items, but it must have been sold before we got there. Did I mention that this was also the CREEPIEST estate sale we have ever been to? It was. There had to have been, at a minimum, 2,500 dolls inside this house. I am comfortable saying that I believe that to be a conservative number. There were dolls EVERYWHERE! All manner of dolls, and the display case photo of these bride dolls was at the top of the stairs. Wall-to-wall dolls. None of us bought anything, and we will try again next week. In the meantime, I am now fetishing for a 'Chucky' doll, 'Bride of Chucky' doll, and/or creepy-ass dolls like that. Keep your eyes open and let me know what you find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment