Saturday, September 19, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 263/103, 2020 - Saturday



This is the second attempt at this journal entry, and it is driving me berserk, and it is not that long of a ride. The new format is odd to me, and I cannot get the photos positioned properly, and that is causing me an added measure of angst. Whatever. I am pretty sure I have asked this question in previous journal entries in previous entry years, but do you know what this plant is? The volunteer to grow about this time every year, and one of them is almost as tall as I am. I don't dislike them, I am just curious as to what they are and I also wonder how they got here. I did nothing at all today that would make a difference to anyone, and absolutely, positively nothing at all that will make the world a better place. I took a round-trip to nowhere in particular, and made it back. I investigated a few places in Granger, headed in to Taylor, then to Thrall, then back through Bartlett and then back home. Nothing of any particular interest, but there was a small farmer's market in Granger that I did not stop at. I am still looking for places to stop at, but so far, nothing. I would like to explore more things north of the Edge of Nowhere. Having moved here from Austin, I tend to head in that direction when I need to go shopping, but I am pretty sure there are perfectly adequate shopping opportunities north of here, maybe Belton or Temple, or even Waco. Waco might be pushing it a little bit, but I am not sure. I know there are maps in this house somewhere, I just need to find them. Another thing I have noticed lately, there are no doves this year. We have always had doves around the house, and I miss hearing them coo. I expect it is just another 2020 thing. DAMMIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment