Monday, December 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 356/10, 2020 - Monday

The overnight low was mid-40s, so I took all the plants out of the garage and the front barn this afternoon, and everything got a good watering, too. It is supposed to get close to the freezing point (34 degrees) overnight on Thursday, so I will keep my eyes on the forecasts, and maybe bring everything back in Thursday afternoon. Maybe. I made a couple trips to the new house today, just dropping some this-and-thats, and there will be more trips throughout the week. I called this very, VERY posh vet/doggie-day-care and kennel today, to get the girls records transferred over to them. I am also going to try and board them on the 29th, assuming that the first round of moving will be on the 30th. I think I could more easily enroll a five year old in Manhattan in a private academy than I can getting these girl dogs into this place. They have an appointment tomorrow to see if they 'fit in,' and I will explain to them later tonight and tomorrow that they have to be on their best behavior. Ugh! I did see the Christmas star tonight, I think, but it was hard to tell. I could see them better last week than I could this evening, so for what it is worth, I will tell everyone that I saw them. Earlier this afternoon, I donated Jody's car to Caritas, for their Season of Caring campaign. They will in turn give the car to a man who has not had it as easy as I have. The man is 37 years old, and he came to this country from Cuba when he was 13. I hope this helps him continue to make a better life for himself, and I did not cry until I got back in the car with Carrie. I was a little weepy telling him and the others gathered about what a kind and loving man Jody was, and how he would be happy to know that he too was able to help someone.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, we (Caritas of Austin) are so grateful to you -- and Jody -- for the kindness you have shown and for your generosity. You are helping this man to rebuild his life after experiencing homelessness. Thank you! Wishing you joy this Holiday. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter sweet!more Sweet than bitter though!Merry Christmas my friend...I know this we be a difficult one!Love you!

    ReplyDelete