Saturday, December 26, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 361/5, 2020 - Saturday

I got off to kind of a slow start this morning. I just really cannot justify getting out of bed when it is still dark outside. Is it just me? I let the chickens loose, fed the dogs, had some coffee, did my usual morning stuff; read the e-edition of the newspaper. One nice thing about the move to the new house, I will actually be able to get a real subscription to the newspaper. I think that is fantastic! Also, I need someone to tutor me in the art of having stuff delivered to me; food, groceries, drugs. You know, just the essentials. I did take a load of stuff to the new house this morning, but first I made a stop at Home Depot. I wonder if I can go a day WITHOUT going to Home Depot. It was a futile trip, but I was able to round up a loose chihuahua running down the electrical aisle. His momma (not the canine kind) was in hot pursuit. I did not get the escapees name, but he and his momma did favor each other. Then it was off to Ikea, then a stop at Wendy's for food. I ordered the 10 piece chicken tender meal, but there were only nine chicken tenders in the package. As I was composing my letter of complaint to the corporate big-wigs at Wendy's, I found the missing tender in my french fries. If that is any indication, maybe 2021 will be markedly better than 2020. I doubt that it could get any worse. 202 pretty much set the benchmark as the annus horribilis. I don't care what the Queen said back in 1992. I doubt that many of you were even born yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment