Thursday, December 24, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 359/7, 2020 - Thursday

Back in the good old days, 1992-2000, Jody and I would have a Christmas Tree Trimming party every year. These parties were a total fun-fest, every guest brought an ornament for the tree, and we all had a blast. Very much fun. Our moods changed after 9/11, and neither of us was much in the mood for decorating the house after that. Occasionally, I would string some lights outside the house, and since we moved to the farm, I put lights on the fence up by the road. The lights would go on on Thanksgiving day, and stay on 24 hours a day until January 1st. Another friend of ours sent us a wreath for the front door every year as well, and that was always lovely. This year, as with many years past, the wreath is on the front door and the lights are shining up by the road, and again, that is the extent of the decorating. Last summer, I was going through some stuff out in the garage or in the house, I'm not sure, but I found Jody's tree topper. I knew Michael and Lynda traditionally had a tree every Christmas, so I gave it to Michael to give to Lynda. Lynda sent me a picture of the tree topper on their tree, and that made me smile. There are lots of smiles surrounding that tree topper, and I hope that tradition will continue. I made it to the new house this morning, and the electrician showed and got the plug for my car installed, as well as a new light fixture over the front porch. I also got a slew of metro shelves at Home Depot. After a couple other errands, I had a very nice lunch with Michael and Lynda, and then it was home. Putting some of the metro shelves together will be my task for tomorrow. I doubt that I will get them all put together, but it should be a nice way to spend part of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment