Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 364/2, 2020 - Tuesday

Today I was (yet again) the victim of false advertising. I am a pushover for Madison Avenue, but this was not the fault of some wise-guy GSD&M, media savvy copy pushing middle management person. It was none other than Mother Nature. Now, I am aware that I need to be very cautious when criticizing the aforementioned Mother, and I will be as delicate as I can possibly be, but the photo that I have chosen for this journal entry is as good as it got. I took this photo as I was walking to let the chickens loose, and the sunrise looked as if it was going to be a beautiful day. Alas, that was not meant to be. All day was a vision of grey and darker grey. It was a pleasant temperature, unseasonably warm as a matter of fact, but grey. Not a pretty grey (like the colors of my most recently painted walls), but an ugly grey. And windy. Really windy. I did make it in to the office this morning, did some work, managed to get my desk cleaned off, and headed home. I made another (unfortunate) trip to Ikea, but chose not to purchase any patience challenging furniture. Most everything on the display floors is 'temporarily unavailable' anyway, so there is that. I got home in the greyness of mid-afternoon, and took a couple naps. It has drizzled a little bit, but I expect that will be more prevalent tomorrow and Thursday. Oh, dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment