Saturday, April 10, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 100/265, 2021 - Saturday

If it is spring time in Texas, this must be an Indian Blanket. Or an Indian Paint Brush. AND...it is a sure sign of spring that I do not know the difference, and Joe Mac generally will come to the rescue and tell me which one this is. Feel free to comment as well. Today was a pretty good day. I got up and emptied six boxes that have been in the garage, and I took three or four more boxes of dishes and glass ware to Goodwill. I think went in to Austin to do a couple things, and stopped at the Lowe's, and was really disappointed. I was looking for some red hanging baskets, something with bell shaped blooms, that would be attractive to humming birds. Nothing. I ended back at theHome Depot in Georgetown, and found what I wanted, and headed home, after making a few other stops. Then it was time for a nap. After the nap, it was off to the farm, got the cat fed, fed the chickens, gathered eggs and came home. I have had nothing much to eat today except for a banana and several cookies. I got a package in the mail today from Mikey in Florida, consisting of three different kinds of lemon cookies. It seems impossible to find lemon creme cookies in the stores here. No lemon Oreos, no lemon HEB brand sandwich cookie, nothing. I have found lemon-lime-strawberry cookies, but something about that just doesn't sound right. They taste okay, they just don't sound right. BUT, now I am pretty well set for the near term with cookies, I will be able to sleep soundly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment