Thursday, April 1, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 91/274, 2021 - Thursday

I had the great good fortune today to be invited to visit the Lubbock Association of REALTORS® for their TREPAC Major Investor event. It was a great event at a brand new center, the Buddy Holly Performance Hall. Beautiful place, great (and really successful) event, and again, I am very happy to have been able to play a small part. Another good part was to actually see many of my Lubbock friends IN PERSON, instead of virtually. There is a lot to be said about virtual meetings, but it just simply does not compare to in person events. I got the girls to the kennel about 9:30 this morning, headed off to the office, left the office shortly after 11 and landed in Lubbock at about 3:30. I had forgotten a lot of things about flying; the seats are really narrow, my travel ready items were strewn hither and yon in the house, many people on the airplanes are really stupid, and I am the smartest person in my portion of the plane. Don't even get me started about the parking shuttle drivers...were they like that the whole time, and I have been in semi-isolation for so long that my tolerance to stupid has shrunk to miniscule proportions? But, the salvation of the day was the colleagues that were gathered for the function, and I was wonderfully pleased to be there. This is a photo of me and my friend Vanessa, one of the absolutely nicest persons to ever have walked the earth. I am so happy for this photo. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment