Sunday, April 25, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 115/250, 2021 - Sunday

He is uncertain as to how the historians of rubber plants will see him in the future; hero or villain. I found this rubber plant in a deserted property about three or four years ago, and, not very interested in just letting living things fend for themselves, I brought it home, where it continued to languish with very little attention until this year. It survived the freezing temperatures in February, the benefit of being in the garage, and after bringing it to the Curious House a couple months ago, it has really begun to thrive. Unfortunately, there were 'stringers.' Is that what you call really long limbs with a couple leaves on the tippy ends? Whatever those things are called, I asked a plant person if I cut those off and put root stimulator on the ends and stuck them back in the dirt, would they grow? The answer was 'probably not,' but I did it anyway, because the plant was a target for even the balmiest of breezes, and it would tip over at just the least provocation. NOW, it looks lovely, and I think the first week or two will be the most important. So far, the leaves have not fallen off the 'transplanted' pieces, so I think that is a good sign. I hope it makes it, and I hope it becomes a lush and wonderful, happy little plant. The jury is still out on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment