Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 104/261, 2021 - Wednesday

With any luck, we will get some rain over the next few days. The forecast says we will, but probably not too much. Every little bit helps, but in the meantime, I am watering stuff at the Lazy House and at the farm. I was certainly NOT expecting this today when I was at the farm. I am pretty sure this Amaryllis was a gift to us from Joe Mac and Carolyn, but not 100% sure. Wherever it came from, it is absolutely beautiful, a double bloom that I could not adequately capture in this photo. Even though we (The Water Oaks Women's Book Club) has not yet had the April meeting, I have started reading the selection for May. The Unwinding of the Miracle. I am sensing a theme in the book club selections, and if this is any indication, I know why Valium and Xanax were invented. Holy Moley is all I can really say about this most recent selection, and I think I need to take to my chaise... Okay, I am giving myself a new goal (partly inspired by the previously mentioned book club selection). After December, I will have travelled to four of the seven continents. I am going to Morocco in December with Lynda and Michael, and that will leave Antarctica, Europe and Australia (Oceana). I figure I can knock those last three out by the end of 2023. Even I can't believe that I have never been to Europe, and I think I could spend at least a couple weeks there, maybe a month. We shall see, but goals are something that I really like giving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment