Sunday, April 18, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 108/257, 2021 - Sunday

I have at least 8 tomatoes on the two plants I bought several weeks ago. Apparently, homegrown tomatoes have something in common with chicken eggs out at the farm. If I indeed gather eight tomatoes, they will be pretty expensive tomatoes; about $4.75 apiece. The chicken eggs from the farm are kind of expensive, too, when you figure feed, and all the things that go along with raising chickens. BUT, there is a certain delight in gathering eggs and cultivating tomatoes. Today was a really good day, I worked on getting things straightened out in the garage...every time I bring something from the farm, it ends up temporarily on the floor of the garage. I did not bring anything from the farm to the Lazy House this week, and that is a step in the right direction. If I can figure out how to do it, I am going to change the Facebook check in thing from the Lazy House to the Curious House. I think that is much more fitting for this new house, and if you ever have a chance to visit, you will understand it! Brunch was good today, it was just me and Terry at the Monument Cafe in Georgetown, and then Terry and got some technology working for me. Maggie came out (Terry and Maggie are the first folks to visit since I got kind of settled), and then Maggie and I went out to the farm to talk about what else needs to be done before I get it on the market. I think early June will be a better time to get it on the market, that will give the trees and plants a little more time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment