Thursday, April 15, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 105/260, 2021 - Thursday

Well, I had composed a journal entry in my head (which is what I do most days) to go along with a photo that I had taken, and then this happened. I got home and took the girls out to the backyard, and back in the house just about 5 minutes before it started raining and then started hailing. The hail here was about the size of a dime, maybe a nickel, and as best I can tell, there was no damage done. I won't know about the farm until tomorrow, but hopefully, there will not have been any damage there either. The hail was REALLY loud, and I went out on the back patio and took a short video, but again, to the best of my knowledge, no damage. We were a lot luckier than areas further east of us, from what the news reported. The piglet has learned a new trick: She starts whimpering at about 4 o'clock in the morning, and it reaches a crescendo about ten minutes after she started. This morning I got up, let them out in the backyard, and then retreated to the big chair with a cup of coffee. Not exactly like sleeping through the night, but it will just have to do. Into the office, out to the farm, made one stop on the way home from the farm, and then back home. With the hail and all, we did get almost 3/10" of rain, and that is the best we have had all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment