Sunday, April 11, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 101/264, 2021 - Sunday

This was a day of better than average accomplishments. I got up, made coffee and started working in the garage, straightening stuff out here and there. I bought a little shelving unit at Target yesterday, and the more I thought about it, the more I decided it was not going to work for the intended purpose, so on the way to brunch this morning, I returned it. I started the April selection for the Water Oaks Women's Book Club (Ghosted), and read (listened) to more of it today. It is getting interested now, but it makes me recall my 'falling in love' days in the late '60s and '70s. Honestly, that is not something I actually want to relive, but I am too far in to quit now, plus it will be fun to discuss later this month. After brunch (me, Candy and Terry), I came home, took a (sort of) nap, and then headed for the farm. I did all the usual Sunday stuff at the farm, PLUS I filled up two trash cans with stuff from the garage at the farm, so that makes me about half-way done with getting the garage cleaned out. I think that is real progress. I brought some stuff from the farm to the Lazy House (I want to change my check-in to the Curious House, but my check in button on Facebook has disappeared), emptied it out of the car, and then went to get the car washed. It turns out that the car is red, I had almost forgotten what color it was. And all the peeps in central Texas can thank me later in the week, when it rains. Finally, I have seen these four statues (?) out of the corner of my eye, off the service road between Williams Drive and Highway 29, and today I pulled in to take this picture. They are just in front of a very nondescript building, and I have no idea what the company does, but none of them would fit in the back of my car, so chalk that up to yet another disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment