Sunday, September 5, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 248/117, 2021 - Sunday

There is still one day left of this Holiday weekend, and I am going to try to make the most of it. I did the usual stuff this morning, went for a nice walk with Jay and Ginger (the Husky) and then tried (and failed) to take a nap. During the walk, a crazy KAREN person was on patrol for a car and its' occupant that has been moving around the community for a week or so. We think it is just a guy with no home parking and sleeping in his car. Not sure what she would do if she ever finds him, but I expect it will make Facebook. Usually I easily take a nice little 30 minute or so nap on Sunday morning, but not this morning. Then, it was time to get ready for brunch, and I was about fifteen minutes late. We met at Alisha and Ruben's home, where Ruben had prepared massive quantities of delicious food. After breakfast, we sat around and talked for a while, and I left just before everybody got nekkid and jumped in the pool. Their pool is beautiful, and it was a long project that just finished in time for the Fourth of July. I left and headed to HEB, where I bought massive quantities of dog food, and a few things for myself. Never fear, I doubt I will go hungry anytime soon. Just before I sat down to compose this entry, the winds came up and the thunder started, and we may even get a little bit of rain. Today was the hottest day of the year, so far, 102 degrees. Ugh... Fingers crossed that they show up tomorrow (between 8:30 and 11:30) to fix my car door.

No comments:

Post a Comment