Thursday, September 9, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 252/113, 2021 - Thursday

Today was a pretty good day, lots of small accomplishments. After my walk this morning, I went in to the office kind of early, got a lot of stuff done, got my desk cleaned off, made a LOT of progress, and left for the Curious House about 2 o'clock. I made one stop on the way home, looking for something you would expect to find in the particular store I was shopping in, but the greeter (not that obvious) was not aware of that produce in the store, and apparently not inclined to look on their computer inventory program to confirm one way or another. SO...I came home, found it on Amazon with two clicks, and it will be delivered tomorrow. I doubt that brick-and-mortar retail will be able to survive this, especially if they hire staff that is more concerned with checking their cell phones than they are with actually selling product. I am sounding like an old man, even to myself. As I was driving home, I went via the Interstate, and before I got to the entrance, there was a car in front of me from Wisconsin. I knew what was abut to happen, because the lady driver was hanging her hand out the window with her cigarette. Smoking is a choice that I do not criticize in others (I used to smoke, and most of my friends used to smoke. But flicking your butts out the window is a hard no for me...luckily (for both of us probably), I did not get an opportunity to confront her (YOU DROPPED YOUR CIGARETTE), and I went on about my business. It is true, Texas is 'The Friendly State,' but I would welcome people to go back to Wisconsin if that is the way they think is the proper
way to handle trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment