Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 251/114, 2021 - Wednesday

I am sitting in the office of the Curious House, sweating like a big guy. Okay, there was really no need for further descriptors, I AM a bug guy, but I am still sweating in the house. I have the garage door open to the house, since the AC out there is working, but the idea of gathering up the girls and sleeping in the garage just does not appeal to me. I may change my mind later, that is yet to be seen. I was told today that the new furnace component to the HVAC will be replaced beginning on Friday morning. We think the compressor is still working okay, but that is yet to be seen. Fingers crossed, but the way this event has been playing out, I will just play the wait-and-see game. Overnight was not at all unbearable, and somewhere around 3AM I actually got under the covers. It was really pleasant this morning, and after I let the girls out, I opened the bedroom windows to get some fresh air in the house. Not that I smell or anything, but... The photo that accompanies this post is actually one of my favorites. I guess it was four or five years ago at the farm. I was minding my own business, and turned around and this rat snake scared the hell out of me. He hung around long enough for my to take this photo, after which time I relocated him over to the neighbors. No sense killing a perfectly good snake...

No comments:

Post a Comment