Monday, March 21, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 80/285, 2022 - Monday

The word 'tornado' comes from tornare, which is Latin, meaning 'to turn or to have torn.' I have plenty of pictures of weather radar, rain, and dark clouds, but I am deferring to a nice picture of a nice sunset. We have been warned about the inclement weather we could experience for at least a week, and everything kind of came together this afternoon. Although I am really, REALLY lucky to have been missed by all the strong storms, all around me there have been tornados. We either had nine or ten tornados, or three or four that touched ground and then skipped over a while and touched down again. I have seen some of the destroyed property on various news feeds, but I bet it will be at least a day or two before we really know how bad it was. Here at the Curious House, we got a good bit of rain, and that is about all. We did lose power for about an hour, but the solar panels and the battery backups kicked in, and all I knew was a quick power flash, and I did not even think about the power grid being down. I did not think about it until one of the neighbors texted and asked if I was okay. SO...I guess that answers that questions; the panels and the batteries seem to work as intended. I will present more details about the local damage in an upcoming entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment