Saturday, March 26, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 85/280, 2022 - Saturday

According to naturalist James Fisher, a monk who lived in the sixth century was one of the earliest known feeder of birds. Saint Serf of Fife tamed a pigeon by feeding it. The feeder in the back yard stays pretty busy, and I have to refill it about every three weeks or so. It is a pretty big feeder, and it holds a lot of seed. I was sitting out on the back deck this afternoon, and saw these two little birds on the feeder, and I thought it would make a good photo for this journal entry. I put the hummingbird feeders out last week, but so far I have not seen any hummers taking advantage of it. The walk was good this morning, and it was considerably warmer, so only a light jacket was needed. It was 91 degrees in central Texas this afternoon, so it was a lovely day to do things outside. I did not do that. I went to a couple estate sales, a couple garage sales, and came home and did very little of anything. Overall, it was a really good start to the weekend, let's see if I can keep it going tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment