Friday, March 25, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 84/281, 2022 - Friday

Today was a day I have waited a long time for. I estimate that it takes me about four months to finish a loaf of bread. I used to love just eating bread and butter, but I haven't done that in a long time. Today, I had the two 'heels' of the loaf left, and I used them both to make two pimento cheese flips. Delicious! Some people refer to the heels as the crust, and honestly, I guess all the outside bits of a loaf of bread are crusts. I never heard of the heels referred to as crust, BUT, the crust of bread (the heels, especially) contain more antioxidants and fiber than the inside. What is inside the crust of bread is know as the 'crumbs.' That's is probably more bread information than you were expecting in this journal entry. We had a good walk this morning, and my usual 8:30 zoom call. I did not go in to the office today, and overall, it was a good day. I did re-do two of the hummingbird feeders (they were leaking), and sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine for a while. Tomorrow, I plan a trip to Home Depot to survey some hanging plants, and then maybe an estate Sale. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment