Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 88/277, 2022 - Tuesday

The oldest Live Oak tree in Texas, known as the Big Tree, can be found in Goose Island State Park near Rockport, Texas. I am a little bit worried about the live oak in the backyard. It looks a little bit puny to me, compared to other trees I can see from the confines of the backyard. I did pay attention to some of the live oaks in the area of our office in Austin, and I have come to the conclusion that is is no more feeble than many of the others there. Live oaks are strong, they can live for hundreds of years, they are drought tolerant, and just overall are perfectly suited for central Texas climes. Never-the-less, I would appreciate it if you would keep your fingers crossed for me. You can all stand down now. I have completed my quest for plants to be added to the landscape plan. Two nurseries (Barton Springs and Red Barn) and the deed has been done. I would have tried a couple others, but they chose not to answer the phones. I know they are busy, but I was trying to let my fingers do the walking. Anyway, all the plants are at the Curious House, and they may all get planted in the next couple of days. It is supposed to rain overnight, so I am going to bring some of the cushions in off the outside furniture. You are welcome to help if you are in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment