Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 82/283, 2022 - Wednesday

The 'Best By Date' refers to the date recommended that you use the product by for best physical and/or sensory qualityIt is not an expiration date, but rather the date by which its consumption would be best. The product in question for the purpose of this journal entry, is a quart of HEB Skim Milk. The 'best by' date is March 11, and today is March 23. I opened the aforementioned quart of skim milk while I was enjoying my dinner (cold fried chicken leg and thigh), and I found it be be quite adequate. One wonders how much better it could have been if it had been consumed by its 'best by' date. I am a pretty good judge of milk    quality (due to my advanced age), and I still cannot define how much better that milk could have been if I had consumed it twelve days ago. Whatever. It was a good walk this morning, if a bit chilly. I had reported to Dick and Jay that I would not be able to walk tomorrow, because I had a nine o'clock appointment in Austin. The appointment has been cancelled, so the walk is back on. All was quiet in the office today, and I made it back home by about 3 o'clock. We are still experiencing some chilly mornings, and I will be glad when the mornings warm up a bit. Until then, I think I will go have some milk...you can never be too careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment