Monday, March 28, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 87/278, 2022 - Monday

The Curious House straddles the Cross Timber & Prairies and the Blackland Prairies in Texas. The farm was totally in the Blackland Prairie, but I think the Curious House straddles to two. Having said that, I am in the middle (maybe the first quarter) of a landscaping process at the Curious House. This time last year, my car was regularly ladened with boxes, and piles of stuff being brought to the new house. This year, it is plants. Wanting do do most of the landscaping with native plants is proving to be just a little bit problematic. There are not a lot of plants available. I am also trying my very best to use local, small nurseries to accomplish the plan. I have been to McIntyre's in Georgetown every day for about the last week, because they get plants delivered everyday, as opposed to the big box stores, which, at least in Georgetown, get a huge truck load of plants on Thursday. Tomorrow I will go to two (maybe three) small nurseries in Austin to see what I can find. I have a list of six varieties of plants that I am on the lookout for. And be quiet, I know those three iris are NOT native. I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment