Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 81/284, 2022 - Tuesday

The portrait of the 'Quaker Man' on the Quaker Oats package has only been updated three times since its debut in 1887; once in 1946, again in 1957 and most recently in 1972. It was 60 degrees outside when we left for our walk this morning, and it was 52 degrees when I left for breakfast a couple hours later. The ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Oatmeal) try to meet for breakfast every Tuesday morning. In the photo is me, Jay, Jack and Dick. I think I am the youngest in this group, too. I think Jack is the same age as me, but he is a few months older. We had a great time at breakfast, and then I was off to work. I got in to the office, cleared off my desk, made some phone calls, answered some e-mails, and left about 1:30. I like to say I quit working a while back, but I go in to the office. It was a beautiful day in central Texas, especially considering the storms yesterday. I am certainly a lucky man, nothing but about 3/4" of rain here at the Curious House. We are expecting cool temperatures for the rest of the week, but spring should be just around the corner...somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment